Connect with us

Headlines

Abba Kyari the Chief Of Staff to President Buhari, Finally investigated by the EFCC

Published

on

BREAKING NEWS – ABBA KYARI IS FINALLY BEING INVESTIGATED BY THE EFCC!

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission says it has started work on a petition linking Abba Kyari, the Chief of Staff to President Muhammadu Buhari, to a contract scam.

The Spokesperson for the EFCC, Mr. Wilson Uwujaren, said this in a text message sent to our correspondent on Friday.

The petitioner, Bako Waziri Kyari, who claimed to be a nephew to the chief of staff had said during a popular radio programme, Berekete Family, on Human Rights Radio 101.1FM in Abuja, that Kyari and Sani Ado, whom he claimed worked with the Bureau of Public Procurement, allegedly collected N29.9m from him in order to facilitate the award of a contract.

The petitioner said he had written a petition to the EFCC but the commission refused to treat it, insisting that it could not investigate the President’s aide.

In his reaction, however, the EFCC spokesperson said, “The petition by Bako Waziri is being investigated by the commission. Any serious investigation takes time and it is presumptuous to conclude that the EFCC is non-committal simply because you did not receive instant result. This is how investigations are done.”

Bako, who is from Bama in Borno State, told Berekete Family that when he lost his father, Kyari came to commiserate with the family and then promised him the contract.

He said on getting to Abuja, he met with Kyari at Caledonia Hotel, Maitama, four times.

Bako alleged that Kyari asked him to pay Ado some money to facilitate the award of the contract.

He said he approached a friend who lent him some money, adding that he also sold his properties in order to raise N29.9m which he used in facilitating the contract.

Speaking through an interpreter, he said, “Abba Kyari asked if I had a company registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission. I told him I did and so he asked me to come down to Abuja. We met at least four times at Caledonia Hotel on Gana Street, Maitama. We discussed there. The hotel should have CCTV and this can be confirmed.

“Abba Kyari collected the documents of my company. He said I would supply 15 Toyota Hilux vehicles to the Presidential Villa. He gave me an agreement to sign and I signed two documents. He collected two letterheads from me, 12 passport photos and introduced me to Sani Ado and Alhaji Ibrahim.

“He said anytime they needed money, he would let me know so that I could give the money to Sani Ado. Ado began collecting money from me to process the contract. Before depositing money into Ado’s account, I always alerted Abba Kyari and he would tell me to go ahead.

“All the money I transferred to Ado summed up to N29, 950,000. The total contract was worth N300,725,000. They promised me 30 per cent profit of the total contract which is about N94m.”

The petitioner said Ado called him later to tell him that the money had been paid.

Bako, however, said he never received the funds as Ado continued to give him flimsy excuses.

He said he got frustrated and then wrote a petition to the EFCC.

The petitioner, however, said he was disappointed by the response of the EFCC.

He added, “Some officials loyal to Abba Kyari refused to help me. I went to meet an official petitioner at Block C in the EFCC. He is very close to the acting Chairman, Ibrahim Magu. The official asked me to bring the petition to him but by the time I got there, he had called Kyari to inform him of my presence.

“Abba Kyari called me on the phone to tell me that he knew I was at the EFCC.”

Bako said he quickly changed his mind and decided not to use the EFCC any longer. He, however, said friends from whom he borrowed money began to pester him.

He said a friend decided to report him to a policeman, DSP Tijani Bulama.

The petitioner said he explained the matter to Bulama and even gave him Abba Kyari’s number to prove that he was telling the truth.

Bako said Kyari promised to return the money in a few days but never did.

He added, “The policeman threatened to make the matter public, but the following day, men of the DSS stormed Tijani’s home and arrested him.

“While in detention, the policeman under duress, called me, asking me to meet him at Eagle Square. On getting there, men of the DSS arrested me and took me to their office. The DSS men asked if we had informed anyone and we said no.

“They took our statements and Abba Kyari later came to the DSS. He, however, refused to speak to me. The DSS officials forced me to lie that I gave the policeman N250,000 to blackmail Abba Kyari but I refused. So they detained me for two weeks while the policeman was detained for a month.”

He said it was Kyari that asked the DSS to release him and promised that the matter was a family one and would be resolved internally.

The petitioner said he waited for another seven months but Kyari never paid him his money.

Bako said he decided to approach the EFCC a second time but through another official, Nura Buhari.

He added, “Nura Buhari then told me that if I wanted my petition to be attended to, I must remove Abba Kyari’s name. So, I removed Abba Kyari’s name and put only Ado.

“Bashir instructed that the investigation must not include Abba Kyari. They took my statement at Block B but moments later, Abba Kyari called me again. When I picked up, Kyari told me he was told that I was at the EFCC but I denied being there.

“All of them at the EFCC began to feel intimidated. Even Magu is afraid of touching the case file.”

Also speaking, the policeman who was detained by the DSS, described the entire incident as a case of fraud.

Tijani, who spoke amid tears, said the DSS officials arrested him in the presence of his children and harassed his entire household.

He said, “Initially I didn’t believe. I thought it was a fraudster impersonating the chief of staff. I called Ado and he said it was the chief of staff that asked him to collect the money. When I called the chief of staff, he denied it and said it was a mix up.

“The next day, I sent a text to Ado telling him that the matter would be made public if he did not repay the money. Before I knew it, armed DSS officials in 10 vehicles stormed my home in PENGASSAN Estate, Lokogoma, and arrested me. They didn’t even allow me wear my shoes. It was on March 27, 2017, there were eyewitnesses there.

“They blindfolded me. My child was even crying in the house and they even pushed the little boy to the floor. It was at that point I realised that it was the chief of staff’s handiwork. Even the IG would not send the DSS to my house. I knew that only someone as powerful as Abba Kyari could do such.”

The deputy superintendent said he was brought before the then DG, Lawal Daura.

He added, “Daura said, ‘you are the one trying to intimidate the chief of staff, you want to become a whistleblower’. When I asked if it was true that Abba Kyari duped the man, he asked me to get out of his office.”

Tijani said he was treated as a common criminal and made to sit on the bare floor.

Attempts to speak with Ado on Friday proved abortive as his telephone line indicated that it was switched off while a text message was not responded to.

Presidency source denies allegation. A presidential source, who denied the allegations levelled against the President’s Chief of Staff, said the President’s top aide would not want to engage the accuser in the media.

The source who said he did not have the authority of the Chief of Staff to speak on the matter, said, “I want you to use your discretion to determine if the story is worth publishing.

“The Chief of Staff will prefer to take up any libelous publication in court.”

Efforts made to get the spokesman for the DSS, Mr. Nnochirionye Afunanya, failed as calls made to his telephone indicated that it was switched off. A text message sent to the same line also did not deliver.

No Sani Ado in BPP – Spokesman. When contacted, the Spokesperson for the BPP, Mr. Segun Imohiosen, said the bureau did not have any member of staff with the name Sani Ado.

He said, “Thanks for reverting to the bureau before going public. Unfortunately, we don’t have any officer in the Bureau by the name Sani Ado. So, issue of collusion in procurement does not even arise.”

Continue Reading
Advertisement
1 Comment

1 Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Headlines

Labour suspends strike, as FG halts electricity hike for 2 weeks

Published

on



Labour suspends strike, as FG halts electricity hike for 2 weeks

By Daily Hint Abuja


As a result of marathon meeting held and agreement reached between the federal government and the organised representatives of labour unions, the organised labour has suspended the nationwide strike action and protests billed to start today.
The meeting, which started at about 8:30 pm on Sunday and spilled over till Monday morning had Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha; Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed; Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Festus Keyamo; Minister of State for Power, Godwin Jeddy-Agba and Mele Kyari, Group Managing Director of the NNPC.
READ ALSO: Governors, labour meet to avert mass action
A communiqué, read by the minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, after the meeting, disclosed that government agreed to suspend electricity tariff hike for two weeks pending when a committee set up would examine the justifications for the new policy in view of the need for the validation of the basis for the new cost-reflective tariff as a result of the conflicting information from the fields which appeared different from the data presented to justify the new policy by NERC.
He, however, noted that total deregulation in the downstream sector remains, adding that palliatives would be offered to Nigerian workers to cushion the effects of burden.

Continue Reading

Headlines

Baga ambush; ISWAP/Boko Haram Killed 8 Policemen, 3 CJTF Members Killed, 13 Others Injured

Published

on

Baga ambush; ISWAP/Boko Haram killed 8 policemen, 3 CJTF members killed, 13 others injured.

By Madu Mohammed, Maiduguri

Members of the Islamic State of West African Province ( ISWAP),/ Boko Haram terrorist have killed eight policemen, 3 soldiers 3,members of Civilian Joint Tasks Force (CJTF), while 13 others injured in an ambushed near Cross kauwa few kilometers away from the Famous Baga fish town.

The Borno state Police command while confirming the incident, in a statement issued by ithe commands Public Relations Officer (PPRO),, DSP Edet Okon said ‘On 25th September, 2020 at about 12PM, the security convoy who were heading to Baga in respect of Government’s effort to relocate indigenes of Baga to their ancestral home came under heavy gun attack by Armed Men suspected to be Boko Haram terrorists a few Kilometers from Cross Kauwa. The security convoy returned fire and successfully repelled the attack.”

The statement said ” in the ensuing gun fight however, casualties were recorded on both sides. Unfortunately, eight (8) Policemen and three (3) members of the Civilian Joint Task Force paid the supreme price. Thirteen (13) other persons sustained various degrees of injuries and were rushed to Hospital for treatment.”

The statement however, stated that the Commissioner of Police, Borno state Command CP Bello Makwashi assures members of the public that the Nigeria Police is determined to carry out its constitutional mandate of protecting lives and properties and will not relent in providing the needed security for the good citizens of Borno State at all times.

Continue Reading

Headlines

Again, Boko haram ambushes Borno Government officials convoy near Baga

Published

on

Again, Boko Haram ambushes Borno government officials convoy near Baga

By Madu Mohammed Maiduguri

Again members of the Boko Haram insurgents have ambushed the convoy of the Borno state government officials on their way to Baga along Monguno Baga road, in preparatory for today Saturday 26th September, 2020 resettlements

“Five policemen, 3 soldiers and 6 members of the Civilian Joint Task force (CJTF) were said to been killed, while
several others were injured in the ambushed”, a security source who does not want his name in print said.

The government officials were on their way to Baga for the official resettlement of the Internally Displaced Persons (IDPS), who were scheduled to return to Baga today Saturday , 26th September, 2020 by the governor himself.

The Boko Haram insurgents were said to have ambushed the government official convoy including some returnees IDPs few kilometers way from Multi National Joint Task Force ( MNJTF) check point near Baga..

The insurgents were said to have fired several shots at the convoy, injuring the security operatives some of the IDPs and other travellers on the convoy. It was not clear whether if the insurgents killed or injured any of the returning IDPs.

It could be recalled that the Borno state governor, Prof. Babagana Zulum had recently inaugurated a committee for the resetlement of IDPs from Maiduguri and Monguno back to Baga, a town business community about 158 kilometres away from Maiduguri, the state capitol

At the time of filing this report no official statement from the Borno state government or the military.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2019 Daily Hint News. Designed by VIS Nigeria