Connect with us

Headlines

Aisha Buhari Orders Arrest Of Own ADC, Alleges #2.5b Fraud

Published

on


Aisha Buhari Orders Arrest Of Own ADC, Alleges N2.5 billion Fraud

By Daily Hint   25!9/2018

A scandal is brewing within the household of President Muhammadu Buhari.

His wife, Aisha, has caused the arrest of her own Aide De Camp, after accusing him of defrauding her, those familiar with the matter have told PREMIUM TIMES.

The president’s wife is alleging that Sani Baba-Inna, a chief superintendent of police, received huge donations from politicians and business people on her behalf and then kept the cash to himself.

Mrs Buhari therefore requested the Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, to arrest and compel Mr. Baba-Inna to refund the money, put at over N2.5billion.

The police officer was arrested Friday and has remained in detention ever since, with relatives having no access to him, family members say.

It is unclear how the president’s wife came about the allegation, but one source said another aide working for Mrs Buhari originated the claim.

An associate of the embattled police officer said Mr. Baba-Inna strongly denied the allegation, saying he received no donation from anyone on behalf of his boss.

Outcome Of Police Investigation

Immediately the police received the petition from Mrs Buhari, the ADC was arrested on Friday last week and investigation launched.

“The IG said the matter must be investigated immediately and the house of the ADC was raided,” one of our sources said.

“Shockingly, investigators only found N1,200 cash in the House. His bank account was also investigated and had only a balance of N30,000 while the transaction records showed that most credits to the account were his salaries and allowances.”

The police, it was gathered, concluded that Mrs Buhari must have been wrongly informed as there was nothing to show or prove that such huge sums of money was in the custody of Mr Baba-Inna.

An associate of Mr. Baba-Inna said the police contacted those named as donors of the controversial funds but that they all denied making the donations attributed to them.

“For instance, one of those named was the IG of Police himself,” the source said. “But the IG said he has never passed any money through Baba-Inna.”

When Mrs Buhari was informed of the outcome of police investigation, the source said the first lady flared up and accused the police of colluding “to protect one of their own”.

She then reportedly asked the State Security Service (SSS) to take over the case and get her money back”.

SSS Wades In?

On the orders of the wife of the president, SSS operatives reportedly took custody of Mr Baba Inna.

However, the spokesperson for the SSS, Peter Afunanya told PREMIUM TIMES he was not aware of Mr Baba-Inna’s arrest by his agency.

“You are just telling me now, I am not aware, but if there is anything like that I will get back to you,” he said.

In the same vein, the spokesperson of the police, Jimoh Moshood, said “I am not aware.”

But Hassana, the wife of Mr Baba-Inna confirmed her husband’s arrest.

She also said she “has not been able to speak with him since he was taken away”.

When contacted, the spokesperson of the wife of the president, Suleiman Haruna, said although he heard about the matter, he was trying to get details of the matter from Mrs Buhari, who he said is currently travelling to New York.


Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Headlines

Labour suspends strike, as FG halts electricity hike for 2 weeks

Published

on



Labour suspends strike, as FG halts electricity hike for 2 weeks

By Daily Hint Abuja


As a result of marathon meeting held and agreement reached between the federal government and the organised representatives of labour unions, the organised labour has suspended the nationwide strike action and protests billed to start today.
The meeting, which started at about 8:30 pm on Sunday and spilled over till Monday morning had Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha; Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed; Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Festus Keyamo; Minister of State for Power, Godwin Jeddy-Agba and Mele Kyari, Group Managing Director of the NNPC.
READ ALSO: Governors, labour meet to avert mass action
A communiqué, read by the minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, after the meeting, disclosed that government agreed to suspend electricity tariff hike for two weeks pending when a committee set up would examine the justifications for the new policy in view of the need for the validation of the basis for the new cost-reflective tariff as a result of the conflicting information from the fields which appeared different from the data presented to justify the new policy by NERC.
He, however, noted that total deregulation in the downstream sector remains, adding that palliatives would be offered to Nigerian workers to cushion the effects of burden.

Continue Reading

Headlines

Baga ambush; ISWAP/Boko Haram Killed 8 Policemen, 3 CJTF Members Killed, 13 Others Injured

Published

on

Baga ambush; ISWAP/Boko Haram killed 8 policemen, 3 CJTF members killed, 13 others injured.

By Madu Mohammed, Maiduguri

Members of the Islamic State of West African Province ( ISWAP),/ Boko Haram terrorist have killed eight policemen, 3 soldiers 3,members of Civilian Joint Tasks Force (CJTF), while 13 others injured in an ambushed near Cross kauwa few kilometers away from the Famous Baga fish town.

The Borno state Police command while confirming the incident, in a statement issued by ithe commands Public Relations Officer (PPRO),, DSP Edet Okon said ‘On 25th September, 2020 at about 12PM, the security convoy who were heading to Baga in respect of Government’s effort to relocate indigenes of Baga to their ancestral home came under heavy gun attack by Armed Men suspected to be Boko Haram terrorists a few Kilometers from Cross Kauwa. The security convoy returned fire and successfully repelled the attack.”

The statement said ” in the ensuing gun fight however, casualties were recorded on both sides. Unfortunately, eight (8) Policemen and three (3) members of the Civilian Joint Task Force paid the supreme price. Thirteen (13) other persons sustained various degrees of injuries and were rushed to Hospital for treatment.”

The statement however, stated that the Commissioner of Police, Borno state Command CP Bello Makwashi assures members of the public that the Nigeria Police is determined to carry out its constitutional mandate of protecting lives and properties and will not relent in providing the needed security for the good citizens of Borno State at all times.

Continue Reading

Headlines

Again, Boko haram ambushes Borno Government officials convoy near Baga

Published

on

Again, Boko Haram ambushes Borno government officials convoy near Baga

By Madu Mohammed Maiduguri

Again members of the Boko Haram insurgents have ambushed the convoy of the Borno state government officials on their way to Baga along Monguno Baga road, in preparatory for today Saturday 26th September, 2020 resettlements

“Five policemen, 3 soldiers and 6 members of the Civilian Joint Task force (CJTF) were said to been killed, while
several others were injured in the ambushed”, a security source who does not want his name in print said.

The government officials were on their way to Baga for the official resettlement of the Internally Displaced Persons (IDPS), who were scheduled to return to Baga today Saturday , 26th September, 2020 by the governor himself.

The Boko Haram insurgents were said to have ambushed the government official convoy including some returnees IDPs few kilometers way from Multi National Joint Task Force ( MNJTF) check point near Baga..

The insurgents were said to have fired several shots at the convoy, injuring the security operatives some of the IDPs and other travellers on the convoy. It was not clear whether if the insurgents killed or injured any of the returning IDPs.

It could be recalled that the Borno state governor, Prof. Babagana Zulum had recently inaugurated a committee for the resetlement of IDPs from Maiduguri and Monguno back to Baga, a town business community about 158 kilometres away from Maiduguri, the state capitol

At the time of filing this report no official statement from the Borno state government or the military.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2019 Daily Hint News. Designed by VIS Nigeria