UNICEF, BOSG. other partners separated 464 under aged children from their ranks of CJTF associated with armed conflict
By madu Mohammed, Maiduguri
The United Nations Children Education Fund (UNICEF), Search for Common Ground in collaboration with the Borno state government have separated 464 under age children from the ranks of the Civilian Joint Tasks Force (CJTF) involved in the fight against insurgency in the Borno state.
Speaking at the formal Separation Ceremony held at the Shehu’s Palace, Maiduguri on Tuesday, Governor Babagana Zulum said “” since I came on.board on May 2019, my administration has been making efforts to ensure full restoration of peace, as you all know security has been number one on my 10 point agenda.”
The governor who was represented by the Commissioner for Women Affairs and social Development, Hajiya Zuwaira Gambo said “Since I came on board , I have been working hard in our efforts to reconstruct,rehabilitate and resettle our displaced persons”.
“Nigeria has been named as one of the country using children in Armed conflict but I hope and believe with today’s Formal Separation, we will be delisted from UN list of countries using children in armed conflict”, Prof. Zulum added.
Also speaking, the UNICEF Field Officer Borneo state, Mr. Geoffrey Ijumba said ” in May 10th, 2019 when 894 children were separated from the ranks of CJTF. It was happy moment. And so is today when we are formally witnessing the separation of 464 children from CJTF as part of the action plan signed in September 2017 to end the recruitment and use of children
” in the northeast, thousands of children are bearing the burnt of conflict, killed maimed, orpharned or forced to flee their homes. Sexually assaulted. Pressed into the service of the armed group and exposed to.unspeakable violence”, he added.
He said ” children have been taken from classroom to battle field. Their childhood interrupted and taking at gunpoint. Although children are not responsible for the conflict. They are by far the most affected It is our duty and moral obligations to protect them and enable them fully access their rights. Children belongs to school and not at front line”.
” A total of 3, 737 children associated with the Civilian Joint Task Force have been identified within the City of Maiduguri and 20 other local government areas. They have all been assessed on the level of association with CJTF. A total of 1,727 children have so far been released and have accessed reintegration services aimed at giving them not only skills to cope with life but also hope for a better tomorrow “, Ijumba added.
Earlier in his welcome address, the Borno state commissioner for Justice and Attorney General, Barrister Kaka Shehu Lawan represented by the Coordinator of the programme, Barrister Abdullahi Hussaini said “the emergence of the CJTF was a child of necessity in the war against insurgency. As at the time its emerged there was no lay down rules or regulations, which brought under age d children in the ranks of CJTF, as a result of such this UN Task Forces on monitoring and reporting, reported this fact to this UN Security Council and based d on the Nigeria was blacklisted to be among the committee of Nations that uses children in an armed conflict”.
” in line with the UN security Council resolutions 1379 (2001),1539(2004),7612 (2005), and 225(2015) among others which condemned the used or recruitment of children in an armed conflict, An action plan was signed between our CJTF and UN Task force on Monitoring and Reporting on 15 September 2017. Committed to this the Borno state government n collaboration with UNICEF, Search for Common Ground and other partners, the CJTF and .UNICEF had since identified, screened and decremented the list of all children under the age 18 found in the ranks of CJTF and submitted reports to UNICEF child protection units and today we are witnessing the 3 official separation “, he further said.
Also speaking, the Overall Chairman CJTF, Babashehu Abdulganiyu said ” we in the CJTF are law abiding citizens and committed to full implementation of of the Action plan”.
Buratai Inspects Project At Army Camp Ngamdu
Buratai inspects project at Army Camp Ngamdu.
By Baba Saleh Damaturu
The Chief of Army Staff
Lt Gen Tukur Yusuf Buratai has Saturday inspected ongoing projects and facilities at Ngamdu army super camp.
Buratai said the visit was part of his continuation operational tour to the north east theater of Operation.
The Army chief was at Ngamdu today the 26 of September 2020, where he inspected ongoing construction and renovation projects as well as facilities in the camp.
He equally used the opportunity to assess the overall operational readiness of the camp.
“The Chief of Army staff was accompanied by the Chief of Training and Operations Army Maj Gen Nuhu Angbazo, the Theatre Commander Operation LAFIYA DOLE Maj Gen Faruk Yahaiya, Chief of Military Intelligence Maj Gen SA Adebayo, Acting Provost Marshall Army Brig Gen Hussain Ahmed and Commander Sector 2 Operation LAFIYA DOLE Brig Gen OO Oluyede among other senior army officers”
Again ISWAP/Boko Haram Kidnapped Site Engineer, A Carpenter along Maiduguri, Damasak Road
Again ISWAP,/Boko Haram kidnapped site Engineer, A Carpenter along Maiduguri, Damasak Road
By Madu Mohammed, Maiduguri
Again, members of the Islamic State for West African Province (ISWAP), Boko Haram fighters have again abducted two workers along Maiduguri-Damasak road, on their way to Damasak to construct shelter for the Nigerian refugees returning from Diffa province in Niger Republic back to their ancestral homes.
The two abductees in a separate video clips released by the insurgents, appealed to the Borno state Governor, Professor, Babagana Zulum and the state Commissioner for Reconstruction, Rehabilitation and Resettlement (RRR), Engineer, Mustapha Gubio to come to their rescue.
“My name is lawan modu karsami
I worked with Nganzai LGA, I am a project Engineer attached to construction site of Shelter in Damasak, the project for Nigerian refugees returning back to Damasak. We were captured by the Khailafa army and we are now in hostage with them”, Modu Karsami said.
He appealed to the commissioner for RRR, Engr Mustapha Gubio and Governor Babagana Umara Zulum to cometheir rescue
Also speaking Ibrahim Musa while appealing to the government to come to his rescue said ” I am Ibrahim Musa a carpenter, we were captured by the Army of Khaliffa along Maiduguri-Damasak road on our way to Damasak to construct a shelter to the returning IDPs. “
” I appeal to the Borno state Governor, Professor Babagana Zulum and the commissioner of RRR to come to our rescue”, he added.
Nigeria Army Mourns its Commander death as a result of Boko haram ambush
Nigerian Army mourns its commander death as a result of Boko Haram ambush
By Madu Mohammed, Maiduguri
The Nigerian Army and the Operation Lafiya Dole have lost a gallant commander in a Boko Haram ambushed after he led a successful clearance operation again at Boko Haram insurgents along Sabon Gari Wajirako axis in Damboa local government area of Borno state.
The Operation Lafiya Dole in a statement issued by ihe Deputy Director Army Public Relations ( DDAPR), spokesman, Col. Ado Isa said. “Operation LAFIYA DOLE wishes to intimate the general public of the demise of one of our gallant and finest war heroes Col DC Bako.”.
” It could be recalled that the professional, gallant senior officer who always led from the front and a patriotic Nigerian, led a patrol to clear Boko Haram Terrorists from Sabon Gari-Wajiroko axis near Damboa when his patrol team entered an ambush at about 10 a.m Sunday 20 September 2020. Under his able leadership, the troops cleared the ambush resulting to the killing of scores of terrorists and recovery of weapons and equipment,” the statement added.
The Army said “Sadly however, he was wounded in action and immediately evacuated by the Air Task Force Operation LAFIYA DOLE to the 7 Division Hospital at Maimalari Cantonment. The late senior officer was recuperating well after successful operation at the hospital, in good spirit and also said his prayers in the early hours of this morning before his sad passing on at the hospital. May Almighty Allah grant his soul eternal rest. Ameen. “
While comesurating with the bereaved family, the troops of the Operation Lafiya dole,, the Chief of Army Staff Lt Gen TY Buratai on behalf of himself, gallant troops of Operation LAFIYA DOLE and indeed well meaning Nigerians expressed heartfelt condolences to his esteemed family..
“We are most grateful for his contributions and sacrifices to the mother land. May God grant eternal rest to the gentle soul of Col DC Bako and the souls of all Nigerian Army officers and soldiers who paid the supreme prize in the defence of our father land,” General Buratai quoted to have said.
Headlines2 years ago
Bombshell: How Corrupt Brigadier General Clement Apere Deliberately Sends Soldiers to Die in the hands Of Boko-Haram
National8 months ago
Nigerian Army Bans Another NGO from operating in the Northeast
Headlines2 years ago
Oil License Not Renewable-President Buhari
National7 months ago
Baga communities are now safe, return back home, operation lafiya Dole tells people of Baga and it’s adjoining villages
Politics3 months ago
Ruling Borno is like Ruling a Small Country, I saw my children only 3 times in the first 65 days in office – Gov. Zulum
Metro2 years ago
FMC Yola Jummat Mosque Is One Year: Time Utilisation, The Last Qutba
Opinion2 years ago
MAI MALA BUNI THE CELEBRITY OF THE MOMENT
Opinion2 years ago
YOBE 2019: Why Maimala Buni Will Emerge Winner