Connect with us

News

BOSG launches Rapid Response Team, To Respond To Insurgents Attacks

Published

on

BOSG Launches Rapid Response Team, to respond to insurgents attacks

By Madu Mohammed, Maiduguri

Followung recent attacks by Boko Haram insurgents on the highways, the Borno state government has launched a Rapid Responce Team and presentation of vehicles to security agencies and to nip in bud the attacks on Maiduguri Jos road and Maiduguri Damboa road as well as other attack’s

While launching the Operation and presenting the vehicles to the security agencies in the state at the Shehu’s Palace. Maiduguri on Friday. Governor Babagana Umara Zulum said ” the primary responsibility of any government is the protection of live and property, I therefore reaffirm the commitment of my adminstration to ensure that uphold what I sworn in to protect. Security is the main thrust of my administration ”

” in the new year 2020, I want to reaffirm our determination to ensure all IDP camps in Maiduguri are closed.. We will do everything possible to ensure that there is no further displacement of our people”, Governor Zulim said.

While commending President Muhammadu Buhari for approving the construction of 10,000 houses in Borno”, Zulum said I want to commend President Buhari for approving the construction of 10,000 houses and his directive to the ministry of finance to release the fund to that regard, the Borno state government is also going build more houses in 2020 to enable our people go back home”.

Today this event is the launching of 70 vehicles to strengthen our security outfit. 16 vehicles are to manned Maiduguri Damboa road. 15 vehicles to manned Maiduguri Jos roads, 15 to hunters 17 police, and other to go to NSCDC, DSS and other security agencies, as will be determine by the state commissioner for Justice, who is also member of the security council,” Prof. Zulum said.

He assured the military and other security agencies in the state of his administration support to end insurgency and other crimes..

Earlier in his welcome address, the Borno state Attorney General and commissioner for justice, Barrister KakaShehu Lawan said ” provision of adequate security of lives and property, as well as welfare of citizens shall be the main responsibility of government, as such this morning we are lsuncing a Rapid response team to nip in bud the bud the renewed attack and end insurgency”

In his vote of thanks, the Borno state commissioner for Local government and Emirate Affairs. Hon. Sugum Mai Male thanked the governor for the initiatives and the military and other security operatives for their sacrifices.

” This is not the first time the governor is assisting the sevurity agencies in the state since. he came on.board he has been supporting the CJTF, the hunters and other security operatives with vehicles and other logistics , the state government through the local government areas has engaged over 5,000 hunters and CJTF and pay their allawances regularly in addition ptheir to supporting them with working tools”, he added.

 

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Covid-19; Adamawa Government announces lockdown

Published

on

Covid-19: Adamawa Government announces lockdown

By Baba Yakubu Yola

Gov. Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri of Adamawa has announced two weeks lockdown of the state starting Tuesday midnight as part of measures to contain the spread of Convid-19 pandemic.

Fintiri made this known in a statement through his Press Secretary, Humwashi Wonosikou.

Fintiri said the painful decision became necessary to save lives

“The Adamawa State Government has imposed a lockdown throughout the State in an effort to avoid the spread of Corona Virus disease for a period of 14 Days with effect from midnight Tuesday March 31st 2020.

“Governor Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri says though painful, the decision is necessary to save lives.

“Inter State travel restriction is also imposed as inter State and international borders with Cameroon are to remain shut during this period.

“The ban also affects tricycle, taxis and bus operators throughout the State.”

Fintiri lamented that the directive to workers on grade levels 1-14 to stay at home issued last was not adhered to in the first instance and therefore Government is left with no option than to impose the lockdown in the overall interest of the people as Covid-19 continues to spread with 111 reported cases in Nigeria so far.

“Social Activities such as Clubbing and Joints are banned, Markets are also hereby restricted, except for those selling food items, Pharmaceuticals, Filling Stations, while Banks are to provide skeletal services”.

The Government however emphasises on the need to ensure basic hygiene practices of hand washing, social distancing and avoiding crowded places.

Fintiri said that the measures were aimed at stemming the spread of a Corona Virus outbreak that has affected the economy, threatened public health care and killed more people than any other disease.

Continue Reading

News

Covid-19; Gov. Buni inspect Isolation centre

Published

on

Covid-19; Gov. Buni inspects Isolation center

By Daily Hint Damaturu

His Excellency, Hon. Mai Mala Buni,  the executive Governor of Yobe state, today went on inspection tour of one of the Isolation Centres for the COVID-19 emergency treatment unit in the state.

The isolation center is designated and located at the State Special Hospital, also referred to as Sani Abatcha Specialists Hospital Damaturu.

His Excellency, Gov. Buni was taken round the facility by the Commissioner for Health, Dr. Mohammed Lawan Gana who is also the Co-Chair of the State Task Force Team on Corona virus covid-19

 

Continue Reading

News

Borno Government to ban passengers, vehicular movement into the state from Tuesday 31st 2020

Published

on

Borno Government to bans passengers, vehicular movenent into the state from Tuesday 31st March 2020

By Madu Mohammed, . Maiduguri

The Borno state government has announced the banned on passengers and vehicular movement into the state from all entry points of the state from Tuesday, March 31st 2020

Governor Babagana Zulum made the closure of the state in a statement signed by himself said ” all passengers and vehicular movement into the state are banned with effect from Tuesday 31st March. 2020. Except those bringing in food items, medications, fuel and other humanitarian goods”.

Governot Zulum.said the closure will last for two weeks in the first instance,

The verification exercise of the local government staff is hereby suspended for the next two weeks. All shops and organised business areas to provide hand washing stations and temperature monitoring and promote social distance
advises financial institutions and shops to provide hand sanitizers and temperature checking equipment at all operational points and maintain social distancing in crowded areas.,” the governor added.

The statement further directs civil servants from grade levels one to twelve to work from home, except those on essential services.and also suspends the ongoing verification exercise of pensioners in the state.

Prof. Zulum said ” all civil servants from.grade level 1 to 12 to work ftom home, except those on essential services such as health workers, water and borehole operators. Fire service. Security etc”

As from Tuesday 31st March, 2020 all banks operating in Maiduguri and organisation using biometric attendance equipment must provide hand washing stations and hand sanitizers at all operation point. Furthermore, banks to limit  numbers of customers in banking hall not more than 15 at a time and to activate all ATM points to function, the statement added

Zulum.while calling for calm.and intensified prayer’s assured thst Government has put in place, palliatives to cushion the hardship of vulnerable people.

 

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2019 Daily Hint News.