Connect with us

Headlines

Army chief relocates to Northeast to finally crush Boko Haram, ISWAP terrorists

Published

on

Army Chief relocates to Northeast to finally crush Boko Haram, ISWAP terrorists

By Madu Mohammed, Maiduguri

The Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Lt Gen Tukur Buratai has fully relocated to the North East where he is overseeing and directing the overall operations in the Operation Lafiya Dole theatre command and other Nigerian Army operations across the country and assured Nigerians that Boko Haram, ISWAP terrorists will end in nearest future.

While addressing troops of Special Super Camp Ngamdu in Kaga Local Government Area of Borno State on 9 April 2020, Gen Buratai said that he will be with them to the nooks and crannies of the theatre.

It will be recalled that we earlier reported that the COAS had been on operational tour to troops’ locations in the North East Theatre of Operation since Saturday the 4th of April, 2020.

The Army in.a statement signed by the Acting Director. Army Directorate of Public Relations. Col Sagir Musa said ” members of the public are requested to note that there is no any form of insecurity that can not be surmounted, and the Boko Haram/ISWAP’s terrorism will also end in the nearest future.”

The Army said during the tour, General Buratai was at the Army Super Camp 1 at Mulai and the Special Forces Super Camp 12 at Chabbol near Maiduguri on Wednesday 8 April 2020 where he interacted with the officers and addressed the troops respectively.

The statement further stated that the COAS was also at the Forward Operations Base at Alau Dam, and also personally led the troops on patrol round Mairimari and Maigilari Forests.

“The Nigerian Army wishes to reassure Nigerians that it is highly committed to protecting all law abiding citizens and defending our territorial integrity'”, the Army spokesman said

 

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Headlines

Labour suspends strike, as FG halts electricity hike for 2 weeks

Published

on



Labour suspends strike, as FG halts electricity hike for 2 weeks

By Daily Hint Abuja


As a result of marathon meeting held and agreement reached between the federal government and the organised representatives of labour unions, the organised labour has suspended the nationwide strike action and protests billed to start today.
The meeting, which started at about 8:30 pm on Sunday and spilled over till Monday morning had Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha; Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed; Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Festus Keyamo; Minister of State for Power, Godwin Jeddy-Agba and Mele Kyari, Group Managing Director of the NNPC.
READ ALSO: Governors, labour meet to avert mass action
A communiqué, read by the minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, after the meeting, disclosed that government agreed to suspend electricity tariff hike for two weeks pending when a committee set up would examine the justifications for the new policy in view of the need for the validation of the basis for the new cost-reflective tariff as a result of the conflicting information from the fields which appeared different from the data presented to justify the new policy by NERC.
He, however, noted that total deregulation in the downstream sector remains, adding that palliatives would be offered to Nigerian workers to cushion the effects of burden.

Continue Reading

Headlines

Baga ambush; ISWAP/Boko Haram Killed 8 Policemen, 3 CJTF Members Killed, 13 Others Injured

Published

on

Baga ambush; ISWAP/Boko Haram killed 8 policemen, 3 CJTF members killed, 13 others injured.

By Madu Mohammed, Maiduguri

Members of the Islamic State of West African Province ( ISWAP),/ Boko Haram terrorist have killed eight policemen, 3 soldiers 3,members of Civilian Joint Tasks Force (CJTF), while 13 others injured in an ambushed near Cross kauwa few kilometers away from the Famous Baga fish town.

The Borno state Police command while confirming the incident, in a statement issued by ithe commands Public Relations Officer (PPRO),, DSP Edet Okon said ‘On 25th September, 2020 at about 12PM, the security convoy who were heading to Baga in respect of Government’s effort to relocate indigenes of Baga to their ancestral home came under heavy gun attack by Armed Men suspected to be Boko Haram terrorists a few Kilometers from Cross Kauwa. The security convoy returned fire and successfully repelled the attack.”

The statement said ” in the ensuing gun fight however, casualties were recorded on both sides. Unfortunately, eight (8) Policemen and three (3) members of the Civilian Joint Task Force paid the supreme price. Thirteen (13) other persons sustained various degrees of injuries and were rushed to Hospital for treatment.”

The statement however, stated that the Commissioner of Police, Borno state Command CP Bello Makwashi assures members of the public that the Nigeria Police is determined to carry out its constitutional mandate of protecting lives and properties and will not relent in providing the needed security for the good citizens of Borno State at all times.

Continue Reading

Headlines

Again, Boko haram ambushes Borno Government officials convoy near Baga

Published

on

Again, Boko Haram ambushes Borno government officials convoy near Baga

By Madu Mohammed Maiduguri

Again members of the Boko Haram insurgents have ambushed the convoy of the Borno state government officials on their way to Baga along Monguno Baga road, in preparatory for today Saturday 26th September, 2020 resettlements

“Five policemen, 3 soldiers and 6 members of the Civilian Joint Task force (CJTF) were said to been killed, while
several others were injured in the ambushed”, a security source who does not want his name in print said.

The government officials were on their way to Baga for the official resettlement of the Internally Displaced Persons (IDPS), who were scheduled to return to Baga today Saturday , 26th September, 2020 by the governor himself.

The Boko Haram insurgents were said to have ambushed the government official convoy including some returnees IDPs few kilometers way from Multi National Joint Task Force ( MNJTF) check point near Baga..

The insurgents were said to have fired several shots at the convoy, injuring the security operatives some of the IDPs and other travellers on the convoy. It was not clear whether if the insurgents killed or injured any of the returning IDPs.

It could be recalled that the Borno state governor, Prof. Babagana Zulum had recently inaugurated a committee for the resetlement of IDPs from Maiduguri and Monguno back to Baga, a town business community about 158 kilometres away from Maiduguri, the state capitol

At the time of filing this report no official statement from the Borno state government or the military.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2019 Daily Hint News. Designed by VIS Nigeria