Connect with us

Politics

There is a complete sabotage in the fight against insurgency – Governor Zulum

Published

on

There is a complete sabotage in the fight against insurgency – Governor Zulum

By Madu Mohammed, Maiduguri

The Borno state Governor, Prof. Babagana zulum has said that there is s complete sabotage in the fight against insurgency in the Northeast and the attacked on my convoy. The Federal government have look into the Command control structure of military high command within theater.

The governor who was in volatile town of Baga on anassessment visit to the town to see how people of the town will return back to their town have to whisks into the Federal Anti Robbery Squard ( FSARS) armoured carrier vehicles and sneak out of the tiwn.

Speaking on the Baga attack on his convoy in an interview with newsmen on Thursday in Monguno, Governor Babgana Zulum said ” as far as I am concern what happened in Baga is a complete sabotage by the military. There is no Boko Haram in Baga”.

‘ I wonder , we have over 1181 soldiers in Baga, 72 officers,, 107 solders, 400 soldiers in mile 4 and 1900 solders in Monguno, I see no reason why only 5 Boko Haram will stop them from occupying Baga town.”, Governor zulum added.

Governor Zulum said ” the troops have been in mile 4 for over one year, there is complete sabotage, the problem is not with President Buhari, or General Buhari but the command and control Structure, .There is need to looked into command structure.”

” We have over 80,000 IDPs in Monguno, they cannot continue to depend on INGO and others for food, we have create opportunity for them to go back to their communities and continue with their business and farming activites, after Sallah we are going to allow people to go back to kukawa and we will give time to the military, if they will not clear Baga, we will mobilized our hunters, CJTF, and Vigilantes to recapture Baga , we cannot continue like this, people have take their destiny in their hands.”, he added.

The governor who first visited Kukawa town. The headquarters of Kukawa local government before proceeding to Baga and to inspect the Lake chad water were which provide job opportunities to over 10 million people who engaged in farming and fishing activities.

It could be recalled that members of the Boko Haram insurgents had attacked and sacked resident of Baga town including the headquarters of Multi National Joint Task Force ( MNJTF) and the hoisted their Flagg in 2015 which was reclaimed by the Nigerian and multi National Forces since then there was no civilian presence in the town.

 

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Politics

Gov. Zulum’s Convoy Attack, Borno National Assembly Members Visits Maiduguri to Condole Him

Published

on

Gov. Zulum’s convoy attack, Borno National Assembly members visits Maiduguri to condole him

By Madu Mohammed, Maiduguri

Borno National Assembly members were in Maiduguri on Monday on a condolence and solidarity visit to commiserate and sympathized with Governor Babagana Zulum over the recent Boko Haram attack on his convoy near Baga where 8 policemen and 3 members of Civilian Joint Taskforce CJTF were killed.

While speaking, at the Government House, Maiduguri on Monday the leader of the delegation who is also a Former Borno state Governor, and Senator representing Borno central, Senator Kashim Shettima said ” we are in Maiduguri to show our solidarity and commiserate with the governor, government and people of the state.”

Senator Shettima said ” I urge the people of Borno state to continue to be resilience and endour these, by the grace of God endouring peace will sure come. I believed the people of Borno have the resilience and the courage to see that enduring peace is enthroned in our father land.”

“Much importantly we urged the people to give the maximum support and cooperation to government and the military establishment to see that peace is established in Borno,” he added..

The Former Governor said ” I have the confident and believe that Governor Zulum’s commitment to ensure enduring peace in the state.”

While responding, Governor Babagana Zulum of Borno state thanked them for the visit and assured his administration commitment to rerun all Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) back to their homes safety and dignified manner.

” We have to do something to address the security challenge in the state before it further deteriorates. The situation in the state is very dicey, obnoxious and will not be allowed to remain like that otherwise the insurgents will take over Maiduguri,, the governor stressed

He further said that “there is need for us to stamped our resilience with a view to build peace and stability,” .

Continue Reading

Politics

Yobe shifts LG election to February next year

Published

on

Yobe shifts LG election to February next year

By Baba Saleh Damaturu

Yobe State Independent Electoral Commission (SIEC) says it shifted the Local government chairmanship and councillorship elections earlier slated for 5th December 2020.

The new date for the election was fixed for 27 February 2021 and new schedule of election activities is currently under reviewed and will be release soon.

The SIEC Executive Chairman Dr Mamman Mohammed stated this in a press conference in Damaturu.

Mohammed said on 4th of September, 2020 the commission released the schedule of activities for the Local Government council elections fixed for the 5th December, 2020 as the date of election.

“On that day, I stated our preparedness to conduct the elections in substantial compliance with the COVID -19 protocols and guidelines as prescribed by WHO

He added that “Regrettably, our State has recently recorded a slight resurgence of the COVID-19 with the two cases confirmed”

“According to him Yobe state government was on top of the situation and the State Ministry of Health has taken positive steps to identify and isolate persons who have been in contact with the incidence cases.

“We are confident that the resurgence of the virus will be contained as it was contained earlier by the committed administration of His Excellency. Hon Mai Mala Buni, and the executive Governor of Yobe State”

.

Continue Reading

Politics

Desertification; Borno Government Flags Off Planting Of 1 Million Tree Seedlings

Published

on

Desertification: Borno Government
Flags off planting of 1 million tree seedlings

By Madu Mohammed, Maiduguri he

To fight desert and desertification and others the environmental challenges, the Borno state Governor, Prof Babagana Zulum, has flagged off 1 million Tree planting campaign for the planting of 1 million seedlings.

While flagging off the 2020 Tree planting Campaign at the Borno state University, Maiduguri on Wednesday with a Theme “Tree for Restoration” Governor Zulum said “this year tree planting campaign which is first of it’s kind in the last 10 years . Today’s event as the theme implies ” Tree for Restoration” is very much necessary as the bilateral pressure from desertification, deforestation, soil erosion coupled with poverty and insecurity have destroyed most trees.”.

“This occasion demonstrates the government commitment in Pursuance of my 10 point agenda which entails tree planting to encourage Agro Forest
and environmental restoration ” It is very apparent that human activities like bush burning illegal tree felling has continuously put pressure on our already fragile ecosystem, thereby threatening food security”, the governor added.

He further stressed that “the geographical location of the state at (Lat 11 N of the equator ) which is among the Frontline states facing the desertification challenge in Nigeria. The government is seriously concerned and committed in reversing the scenario so as to save our people and Environment.”

He said to address the environmental challenges the state government has already commenced raising of some seedlings and the annual 1 Km desert reclamation programme which is handled by the Ministry of environment, saying that . “at this juncture, government has made it a policy henceforth made it a policy that all construction work should be accompanied by planting of trees to cushion the environmental impact of such developmental projects.”.

” The government has also provide alternative source of energy to firewood in form of gas cookers wood efficient stoves.. After this exercise. Install direct all local government area councils, clubs associations and individuals to liaise with the state ministry of environment to collect tree seedlings for planting at designated centres, he said.

The governor therefore solicited for a greater collaboration with Federal ministry of environment National Agency for Great Green wall . and NGOs to ensure sustainable and serene environment

Earlier, the State Commissioner of Environment, Hon. Modu Walama said one million species of trees including those with commercial values will be planted across the Nine Local Government Areas of the state.

“The last time tree planting campaign was carried out in the state was over a decade due to the insurgency and other factors . Commended the governor for giving the ministry the go ahead and approving the fund to raise 1 million seedling for planting across the state. I urge you your Excellency to make tree planting a condition for construction of all government constructions works,” he added.

.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2019 Daily Hint News. Designed by VIS Nigeria