Connect with us

National

El- zakzaky wants the comfort of 5star hotel not hospital – FG

Published

on

El-zakzaky wants the comfort of  5star hotel not hospital – FG

By Daily Hint Abuja 15/8/2019

THE Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Information and Culture said since El-Zakzaky got to Dubai, he had been displaying ulterior motives against laid down procedures.

Besides, the permanent secretary said the situation became worse in India as the IMN leader refused to subject himself to preliminary medical checks.

According to the government official, El-Zakzaky was demanding free movement and access to visitors of all kinds. He requested  to be allowed to check into a Five-Star Hotel instead of being admitted in the hospital.

The statement reads: “The court on August 5, 2019, granted Sheikh Ibraheem EL-Zakzaky leave to travel to India for medical treatment.  Consequently, the government and its relevant agencies took steps to comply with the Order.

“In line with the court order, El-Zakzaky was approved to embark on the trip with state officials and his choice to be accompanied by his aides and personal Doctors was not opposed by the government.

“On 12th August, 2019, he and other members of the entourage went to India via Dubai. It is to be noted that El-Zakzaky particularly chose Medanta Hospital, India. However, on reaching Dubai, El-Zakzaky began to display ulterior motives against laid down procedures.

“He requested that his passport be handed over to him but the State officials would not budge to his pressure. The situation became worse in India as he refused to subject himself to preliminary medical checks.

“In addition, he demanded free movement and access to visitors of all kinds as well as requested to be allowed to check into a 5-Star Hotel instead of being admitted in the hospital. The request was refused on the ground that he came into the country for medicals and not as a tourist (more so that his visa was issued on medical grounds and not for tourism). He also demanded that Police protection be withdrawn from him by the Indian authorities.

“Against medical ethics and standard practice, he requested to nominate doctors of his choice to join the ones tasked by Medanta Hospital to perform medical treatment on him and his wife. This created a stalemate, which the Hospital insisted that he would not dictate to it on the choice of medical personnel to carry the required medical treatment.

“Frustrated by his antics, the Indian authorities have expressed willingness to return him to Nigeria with immediate effect. This is on the account that they will not allow him use their country to internationalise his group’s activities.

“Against this background, the Nigerian government wishes to commend the stand of the Indian government as well as apologize to her for the unruly behaviour of El-Zakzaky. Similarly, the attention of the public and indeed the international community is hereby drawn to these unfortunate developments.

“The government also wishes to use this opportunity to affirm its readiness to undertake the prosecution of El-Zakzaky through due process if and when he is returned to the country. On this note, his foul cry that he is being held in circumstances worse than he was in Nigeria should be disregarded.”

 

 

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

National

Military kills scores of Boko Haram insurgents, destroyed 7 gun trucks in Borno

Published

on

Military kills scores of Boko Haram insurgents,, destroyed 7 gun trucks in Borno

By Madu Mohammed, Maiduguri

The troops of Operation Tura Ta kai Bango of the Operation Lafiya Dole have killed scores if insurgents, destroyed 7 Gun trucks, as they repelled Boko Haram insurgents attack their location in Marte, the headquarters of Marte local government area of Borno.

The Army in a statement issued by the Acting Director, Defence Media Operations Defence Headquarters,
Brigadier General BERNARD ONYEUKO said ” toops of Operation TURA TAKAIBANGO in conjunction with the Air Task Force Operation LAFIYA DOLE have effectively destroyed 7 Boko Haram/ISWAP terrorists’ gun trucks and decimated several unconfirmed number of the terrorists when they attempted to attack their location at the outskirts of Marte in Marte Local Government Area of Borno State.”

The statement said ” the gallant troops, based on reliable information about the attack, had positioned themselves in an ambush site where they tactically withdrew to, and awaited the arrival of the terrorists before they opened fire which led to fierce battle that resulted in the successes recorded as indicated above.”

General ONYEUKO said ” the troops are still engaged in pursuit of the fleeing terrorists for further exploitation. Further details of interest to members of the public will be communicated later.”

It could be recalled that even recently the troops repelled Boko Haram attack on Gujba, town of Gujba local government area of Yobe state.

Continue Reading

National

Borno Governor releases N10M to save UNIMAID student who needs kidney transplant.

Published

on

Borno Governor releases N10m to save UNIMAID student who needs Kidney transplant

By Madu Mohammed, Maiduguri

The life of a 29-year old 300 level student of geography at the University of Maiduguri, Mbahi Sarki Suleiman has been saved courtesy of the Borno State Governor, Professor Babagana Zulum who on Tuesday approved the release of N10m to Settle the medical bill of his kidney transplant.

It Could be recalled that the student hails from Yara village in Hawul local government area of Borno. State was critical need of kidney transplant and seek for assistance to undergo transplant at Abuja based hospital

The support came after the student and his mother featured on multiple times on Brekete family, a morning programme in Human Rights Radio in Abuja, hosted by Ahmed Isa, popularly called ‘ordinary President’, with direct appeal to Governor Zulum to save Bitrus. The family sought for N9m being the cost of the transplant as they had a donor in waiting.

On Tuesday, January 12, the family’s appeal was brought to Zulum’s attention by his media team, following which the Governor directed the immediate release of N10m to fund Bitrus’ transplant. Whereas the family needed N9m, Zulum added N1m in case of unforeseen circumstance.

The following day, Wednesday, Saratu Sarki Bitrus, mother of the student, returned to Brekete family programme with her son, and confirmed on air, that she had received bank alert of N10m as directed by governor Zulum and she had already made payments to a hospital in Abuja, which is to undertake the transplant scheduled to hold this week.

Speaking with tears of joy, the patient, Mbahi told audience that it was he who saw the deposit alert of N10m in his mother’s phone.

“Yesterday (Tuesday) my mother gave me her phone to show me a deposit of five thousand naira that someone had made to her account and while I was going through that, I suddenly saw an incoming deposit and it was N10m, I became shocked and showed my mum, we all knelt down in disbelieve and started crying. Later on, an aid to the governor called to ask if we had received the alert and we confirmed it. I do not know what to say to my Governor. professor Babagana Umara Zulum, I can only wish that God blesses him and make him greater than he is, nothing I say can show the extent of what I feel about that intervention to save my life. I currently survive on dialysis until I undergo a transplant Mbahi Sarki Suleiman said.

After the family outing on Brekete family, a media aid of governor Zulum met Mbahi, his mother and management of Brekete family at human rights radio in Abuja, to convey Zulum’s well wishes for successful transplant and speedy recovery.

Our correspondent recalled that in December 2019, Governor Zulum had directed the Borno State Specialist Hospital in Maiduguri to be offering free dialysis to all patients in the state who were paying so much for weekly dialysis on which citizens with kidney failures survived on.

Governor Zulum had also directed the state ministry of higher education, science and technology to in collaboration with the state ministry of health fund a research to find the causes of rampant cases of kidney failures in some parts of Borno. The ministry has placed adverts inviting scientists for the research, with investigations still ongoing.

Continue Reading

National

28 Boko Haram insurgents killed, as military repelled attack on Gujba

Published

on

28 Boko Haram insurgents killed, as military repelled attack on Gujba

By Madu Mohammed, Maiduguri

No fewer than 28 members of Boko Haram terrorists were killed while several others escaped with bullet wounds when the troops of newly launched Operation Tura Takai Bango successfully repelled Boko Haram attack on Gujba town of Yobe state.

The Army in a statement issued by the
Acting Director Defence Media Operations, Brigadier General
BENARD ONYEUKO said “troops of the newly launched Operation TURA TAKAIBANGO a subsidiary Operation of Operation LAFIYA DOLE in the North East continue to obliterate elements of Boko Haram/Islamic State’s West Africa Province (ISWAP) criminals with uncommon ferocity”.

General ONYEUKO said “In the aftermath of the decisive encounter, 28 Boko Haram Terrorists were neutralized while few others are believed to have escaped with gunshot wounds. In the same vein, one Boko Haram Gun Truck was destroyed with its occupants while another Gun Truck was captured from the fleeing criminals. Other equipment captured from the criminals include; 2 Anti Aircraft Guns, 13 AK 47 Rifles, 4 extra magazines and a Vulcanizing Machine.”

” Latest encounter with the marauding Boko Haram criminals occurred on 9 January 2021 at Gujba LGA of Yobe State where the Gallant troops identified and encycled a Boko Haram criminals Ambush site. The troops from HQ Sector 2 who were led by the Commander Sector 2 and later reinforced by troops from 27 TF Bde Buni Gari and Special Forces Training School Buni Yadi tactically outmanoeuvred the criminals and engaged them with superior fire power resulting in high casualty on the terrorists.”, The statement said.

The Army however regrettably, said one gallant soldier paid the supreme price while one other soldier was wounded during the encounter, adding that wounded soldier have been evacuated to a military medical facility and is responding positively to treatment.

“The renewed onslaught against the remnants of Boko Haram/Islamic State’s West Africa Province criminals by the dogged troops of Operation TURA TAKAIBANGO is indicative of the end of all criminal elements within the North East. The troops of Operation TURA TAKAIBANGO are highly commended for their dedication and determination in flushing out remnants of the terrorists from their hideouts. They are also encouraged not to relent but build on the successes recorded.”, the further stated.

The statement therefore, assured the entire populace of the North East
region of the Nigerian Army’s renewed vigour and determination to crush the remnants of Boko Haram/Islamic State’s West Africa Province criminals from their enclaves in this zone.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2019 Daily Hint News. Designed by VIS Nigeria