Connect with us

News

Ganduje Spits Fire, Reveals Why His Deputy Resigned

Published

on

Ganduje spits fire, reveals why his deputy resigned 

By Haruna Yusuf Abuja

The Kano State governor, Abdullahi Ganduje has reacted to the resignation of his deputy, Hafiz Abubakar.

He claimed that the former deputy governor spent over N150million on foreign and local trips.

The governor said this to counter Abubakar’s claims before his resignation yesterday that Ganduje had not been paying his allowances.

Mr Ganduje said his former deputy resigned over fears of imminent impeachment process by 30 out of the 40-member Kano state House of Assembly over “false, unfounded allegations and undermining the state government”.

Mr Abubakar tendered his resignation earlier on Sunday, citing irreconcilable differences with the governor.

The ex-deputy governor had in the past lamented the governor’s failure to pay allowances due to office for several months.

In a statement by the state commissioner for Information, Youth and Culture, Mohammed Garba, the governor said the former deputy governor was also accused of making unguarded comments capable of causing disaffection particularly in the ruling All Progressive Congress , APC, and the state in general.

“The deputy governor, who doubled as commissioner for Education, Science, Technology and Innovation, has publicly forsake the Ganduje Administration and swore allegiance to his political Godfather, Senator Rabi’u Musa Kwankwaso,” it said.

The statement also debunked allegations over threat to his life and that of members of his immediate family which is regarded as unbecoming considering his position as no. two citizen with a provision for statutory security detail.

On non payment of allowances, the state government said in one year alone, the former deputy governor was paid over N120million.

“Based on available records, in 2017 alone, the sum of over N120, 000, 000.00 was paid to him as travelling allowance both within and outside the country, while in 2018, over N30, 000,000.00 million was paid to him for various travelling allowances.

“Of recent, in July, to be precise, the sum of N7,409,575.00 was released to the former deputy governor to travel to the United Kingdom to receive an Honourary Degree from the University of Reading; the sum of N7,800,000.00 was also paid as his travelling allowance to Khartoum, Sudan for the convocation ceremony of the University of Africa; for a trip to the United Kingdom for the World Education Forum, the sum of N8,509,000.00 was paid to him; while his trip to Saudi Arabia for his daughters’ graduation was also sponsored by the state government, among other privileges extended to him,” the statement added.

The governor therefore challenged the former deputy governor to show proof on allegations that the state government had committed resources to sponsor rally in support of his removal from office, adding that the gravity of the allegation may prompt the government to take appropriate action.

“The former deputy governor ought to have landed safely and quietly instead of making unsubstantiated allegations just to draw attention,” he added.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

May Day, NLC in Borno seeks for implementation of N30, 000 to LG workers

Published

on

May Day, NLC in Borno seeks for implementation of N30,000 to LG workers

By Madu Mohammed Maiduguri

The chairman, Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC), the Borno state chapter, Comrade Bulama Abiso has appealed to the State government to implement the N30, 000 National minimum wage to the local government staff and their local education Authority counterparts.

The NLC chairman, while speaking at the 2021 May Day celebration held at the Labour House, Maiduguri on Saturday said “the Labour sincerely wishes to appeal to the state government to consider implementing the N30,000 minimum wage benefit to our members at both the Local Government and the Local Education Authority, this we believed will boost their moral end productivity towards service delivery.”

“Equally worrisome is the implementation of committee on LGA/LEA report which resulted on many genuinely workers and teachers without salary over 9 months . This we believed will aggravate the already dwindling security situation. . We call and appeal for immediate reinstatement of those whose cases were found to be genuine cases”, Comrade Abiso added..

The Labour also appealed to Governor Babagana Zulum to approved the implementation of yearly increment and promotion benefit adding that promotion is never a privilege but right, as such every worker is entitle to be promoted once he or she meet the criteria.

Also speaking Governor Babagana Zulum of Borno state said the state government has expended the sum of N12 billion on the payment of gratuity of both state and local government workers in addition to the complete renovation of State secretariat to provide conducive e environment to workers

The governor represented by the state Head of Service, Barrister Simon Malgwi said ” the Borno state government has been paying workers salary as at when due . I call on the civil servant to key into the government’s 25 year Development Plan and 10 year strategic plan for the transformation of the state “

He assured that the government will strike to maintain the good working relationship between it and the Labour with a view to move the state forward

He also assured that the government was working hard to address all the issues raised by the Labour in the state, as already a committee of the local government staff verification were reviewing their report with a view to address the abnormalities

Continue Reading

News

Government is reviewing your plight, Borno NLC assures over 6,000 sack LG workers

Published

on

Government is reviewing your plight Borno NLC assures over 6,000 sack LG workers

By Madu Mohammed Maiduguri

The Chairman, Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC), Borno state chapter, Comrade Bulama Abiso has assured over 6 thousand workers affected by the verification exercise by the committee on local government workers verification that their issues are been looked into,.

While speaking in an interview with newsmen in Maiduguri recently, the Chairman, NLC Borno state chapter, Comrade Bulama Abiso said ” we had a meeting with His Excellency, and he directed the committee that did the work to review its position to see that justice is done to all. Already Abadam Askira/Uba, and Bama have appeared before the the committee and their issues were looked into”

” Over 6,000 were affected, they have not been paid their salaries for the last four months. They were not sack, As a civil servant can only be sack with letter of disengagement as they were engaged with letter of appointment”, he added.

He said ” those that were affected were due to some issues resulting from the implementation error . They will be paid their arrears when resolved. Those that have problem, government should be bold enough to write them letter and give reason for their disengagement “.

  • Some were having issues of one year statement of account , now they were asked to produce it again. . But as far as we’re concern nobody is sacked” he further stressed.

Continue Reading

News

Gov. Buni Demands Quick Response To Security Situation in Yobe State

Published

on

GOV. BUNI DEMANDS QUICK RESPONSE TO SECURITY SITUATION IN YOBE STATE

By Daily Hint, Damaturu

His excellency, Hon. Mai Mala Buni, the executive Governor of Yobe State, insist the security situation in the state generally needed quick response and reassessment.

Buni made his position known during an emergency security meeting in Damaturu.

We thanked God for the relative peace we now enjoy in most parts of the state.

However, the sad events in Geidam calls for quick response and reassessment of the security situation in our respective communities and the state generally, he added.

The governor condemned the recent Boko Haram attack on Geidam town.

He described the resurgence of Boko Haram attacks on Geidam in which some lives were lost with men, women, children, young and old forced out of their homes as sad.

Buni said the displacement of the victims in this holy month of Ramadan, was condemnable, crude and grossly inhumane.

He said that the meeting concentrated on strategic engagement of critical stakeholders to discuss issues of security as they affected individual communities and the state at large.

He noted that a special security plan was mapped out to fight insurgency in Geidam because of its geographical location, sitting close to the Lake Chad basin.

Buni also noted that Geidam was bordering Niger Republic and Damasak in Borno, one of the areas heavily infiltrated by Boko Haram insurgents.

I am pleased to state that far reaching decisions were made at the meeting with the Chief of Defence Staff especially, on reinforcement of personnel and improved strategy to effectively combat the attacks, He Said.

The governor enjoined the people to volunteer credible and timely information to the security agencies to enhance proactive actions being taken in curbing the menace of the terrorists.

We must expose every bad egg in our communities even if they are our relations, including our biological children.

It is our responsibility to report suspicious movements in or near our communities.

We cannot keep blaming government and security agencies while people hoard valuable information.”, Buni stressed.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2019 Daily Hint News. Designed by VIS Nigeria