Connect with us

News

General Buratai debunks media reports that he said his troops are not committed, says he was quoted out of context

Published

on

General Buratai debunks media reports that he said his troops are not connnitted, says he was quoted out of context

By Madu Mohammed Maiduguri 24/6/2019

General Buratai who made the denial while gelding in questions at a Joint Press Briefing by the Army and the Borno state Governor, Prof. Babagana Zulum at the Government House, Maiduguri on Monday said ” I was quoted out of context”.

“Most of these reports that you see from other journals , including the Boko Haram are excergirated and mere propaganda. There’s no way when you’re in conflict, you don’t have casually, we have casualties. When necessary we give out these figures , the problem is that, most of our journalists are not contented with what the military gives . They believe that the figure is far more than that ” he added.

The COAS further said “Up till today, people are still quoting the Metele attack of last year to be 300 , some 400 and some 500 killed . But we have given out the correct figure but some are still quoting the wrong figure because they don’t want to believe us . So why should we give out figures and you don’t believe us and you want us to give something that you think is the correct figure which you got from others ”

“So we have to be very careful, National Security, Defence and Security are not issues you just talk about and if you go along that way , you will be the victim and first victim for that matter because National Security is not a matter of joke and it’s not a matter of blame game . You shouldn’t blame the milirary for whatever set back or problem ; it’s a collective responsibility. ”

Most of these reports that you see from other journals , including the Boko Haram are excergirated and mere propaganda. There’s no way when you’re in conflict, you don’t have casually, we have casualties. When necessary we give out these figures , the problem is that, most of our journalists are not contented with what the military gives . They believe that the figure is far more than that ” he added.

The COAS further said “Up till today, people are still quoting the Metele attack of last year to be 300 , some 400 and some 500 killed . But we have given out the correct figure but some are still quoting the wrong figure because they don’t want to believe us . So why should we give out figures and you don’t believe us and you want us to give something that you think is the correct figure which you got from others ”

He said “so we have to be very careful, National Security, Defence and Security are not issues you just talk about and if you go along that way , you will be the victim and first victim for that matter because National Security is not a matter of joke and it’s not a matter of blame game . You shouldn’t blame the milirary for whatever set back or problem ; it’s a collective responsibility. ”

“Some newsmen or journalist went to the extend of distorting facts by quoting me out of contest. . war against insurgency is a collective one, it is for all but some journalist are fun of promoting Book Haram insurgents. war against terrorism is a global war, if you support terrorism it will one day consumed you”, the Army chief said

“Military operations are different from mere activities of may be vigilante , or even the paramilitary or other forces. You don’t just give out information because you want to give out information because somebody is interested. Military operations activities or even personnel are all classified , they are not for public consumption unless if the are absolutely necessary to gain confidence as well as to promote our own collective efforts in securing our country.”, General Burayai said.

“Most of these reports that you see from other journals , including the Boko Haram are excergirated and mere propaganda. There’s no way when you’re in conflict, you don’t have casually, we have casualties. When necessary we give out these figures , the problem is that, most of our journalists are not contented with what the military gives . They believe that the figure is far more than that ” he added.

 

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Gov. Buni Commiserates With Victims of Gujba Attack

Published

on

Gov. Buni commiserates with victims of Gujba attack

By Chullu Modu, Damaturu

Yobe state Governor, Hon. Mai Mala Buni, has commiserated with the families of the victims of the Gujba attack.

The Governor described the victims as heroes who laid their lives in defence of their country.

“The government and people of Yobe state commiserate with the families of the brave securitymen who lost their lives in the attack.

“The sacrifice made by these brave heroes shall never be in vain” assured.

” Government will not be deterred by such attacks from executing programmes and policies in the interest of the people of the state” he said.

The governor assured his administration’s commitment to always work together with security agencies to safeguard lives and property of the citizenry.

Continue Reading

News

Gov. Buni Commiserates With Emir Of Fika Over Fire Outburst

Published

on

Gov. Buni commiserates with Emir of Fika over Fire Outburst

His Excellency, Hon. Mai Mala Buni, The Executive Governor of Yobe state, has on Monday commiserated with the Emir of Fika and Chairman Yobe state Council of chiefs, Alh. Muhammadu Abbali ibn Muhammadu Idrisa, over unfortunate fire incident at the Palace.

Governor Buni described the fire inferno that consumed a chamber at the Palace as a great loss to the emir, the Emirate and the state.

“l am deeply saddened by the sad news of the fire incident today at the palace of His Highness, the Emir of Fika.

“However, we are all consoled and give thanks to Almighty Allah that no life was lost nor injuries recorded” he said.

The governor asked the Emir to have faith that this was destined to happen at this moment and prayed that it never happen again.

Governor Buni also prayed to God to replenish assets lost to the fire outburst

Continue Reading

News

Democracy Day: Borno NUJ Applaud Governor Zulum For Executing 556 Projects in 741 Days

Published

on

Democracy Day: Borno NUJ applauds Governor Zulum for executing 556 projects in 741 days

By Madu Mohammed, Maiduguri

The Borno state chapter of the Nigeria Union of Journalists NUJ had applauded the Borno State Government under the leadership of Governor Babagana Umara Zulum for executing 556 projects within 741 days in office.

The NUJ in a statement jointly signed by its chairman Bulama Talba and it’s Secretary, Mohammed Ibrahim said ‘”indeed this feat has no doubt justified the NUJ award in 2019 conferred on Governor Zulum as the Most Promising First Time Governor in the Country as well as other awards and recognitions within and outside Borno State due to the numerous peoples oriented projects on the ground.”

“As the Government and citizens celebrate democracy day the Union salutes their courage and resilience as well as never dying spirit which has gradually contributed to the restoration of peace in more communities with sustained programmes and prayers that should be further complemented with useful information to security operatives whom we expect to deal a final blow to end the insurgency bedevilling our dear state, the union stated.

The NUJ said “we appeal to the State Government to see reason to improve the processes of resettlement of IDPs to their original communities as well as the review the cases of local government civil servants affected by the ongoing verification by re-engaging them.”

The statement further said “We remind the public to be rest assured that all of the working journalists in Borno State remain ever dedicated to continuously push our pen to promote the interests and image of the State towards the full revival of its glory by the will of the Almighty Allah, Happy democracy day.’,

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2019 Daily Hint News. Designed by VIS Nigeria