Connect with us

Headlines

Gunmen Attack Benue Community, Kill 9

Published

on

Gunmen Attack Benue Community, Kill 9

By Daily Hint   10/8/2018

Suspected gunmen, in the early hours of Friday, attacked Tse Ujoh community in Ikyurav-Tiev in Katsina Alla local government area of Benue State and killed several people.

According to locals, the attackers stormed the community in a commando manner, shooting indiscriminately, leading to the death of eight persons on the spot while some people were injured and taken to an undisclosed hospital, where four others later died.

Reacting to the attack, Governor Samuel Ortom, who decried the constant attacks on Katsina Alla axis, said that nine people were killed.

The governor described as “unacceptable” the latest attack on Tse-Ujoh in Ikyurav-Tiev of Katsina-Ala local government area which left nine persons dead in the early hours of Friday.

The governor, who spoke through his Chief Press Secretary, Terver Akase, disclosed that troops had been deployed to the affected area to bring the situation under control.

He assured the people of Katsina-Ala that steps had been taken to prevent further attacks in the area, adding that three persons had been arrested in connection with the attack.

The statement further said, “Governor Ortom reassured the people of the state that his administration will not allow armed militia to continue to terrorise communities.

“He encouraged anyone with information that can lead to the apprehension of the gang to contact the police, Department of State Services or the military,” the statement said.

The State Command spokesman, DSP Moses Yamu, confirmed that nine people were killed.

“We got information that some militia suspected to be of Shitile, attacked Tse Ujoh village of Ikyurav-Tiev council ward where nine people were killed,” Yamu said.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Headlines

Again insurgents cut off, Maiduguri from power supply, as residents appeals to FG to end decade long war against Boko Haram

Published

on

Again, insurgents cut off, Maiduguri from power supply, as residents appealed to FG to end decade long war against Boko Haram

By Madu Mohammed, Maiduguri

Barely 54 hours after the restoration of power supply back to Maiduguri the Borno state capital and its environs, Boko Haram insurgents have again planted Improvised Explosive Device (IED) and damaged the transmission line of the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) , and thrown the city into total darkness.

The electricity which was restored back on Wednesday, March 24 after about two months of blackout was again cut off as the insurgents again planted an IEDs that blown off the line resulting into second wave of the blackout in the early hours of yesterday.

It could be recalled that the Boko Haram insurgents planted IED and blown off the electricity on 26th of January, 2021 that thrown the city into total darkness but was restored on Wednesday 24th March, 2021 where it was again attacked by the insurgents on Saturday, 27th March,2021 barely less than 70 hours after the restoration.

Also Saturday, Feb. 27, five electricity workers were injured when a vehicle carrying them stepped on an IED planted by the insurgents and burnt down the cables meant for the restoration of the power.

Speaking on the vandalization, a Maiduguri resident, Alh Buba Ibrahim called on the Federal government and the military in particular to carry out clearing operations along the general Areas to get rid of the criminals, as their hide out are all know, stressing that the federal government should live up to its expectations and do the needful to end the over decade long insurgency, saying that *enough is enough”

Another Resident, Abdullahi.Ali.called on the Borno state government to connect the state capital with REB power supply pending the end of the insurgency, as even if the light is restored again they may vandalize it since it is very difficult to manned the electricity towers.

  • I also call on President Buhari and the APC to end this insurgency, kidnappings, banditry among other crimes before 2023 if not what consumed PDP will consume the APC as security is a primary responsibility of any government”, he added. .,

Continue Reading

Headlines

General Attahiru Tours Operation Lafiya Dole On Operational Visit To Enhance Fight Against Boko Haram

Published

on

General Attahiru tours Operation Lafiya Dole on Operational visit to enhance fight against Boko Haram

By Madu Mohammed, Maiduguri

In order to boost the moral of the troops and enhance operation against Boko Haram, the Chief of Army (COAS), Lt General Ibrahim Attahiru has embarked on an one week Operational visit to Operation Lafiya Dole in the Northeast.

Addressing journalists shortly after he had a closed door meeting with the General Officer Commanding (GOC) 7 Division, Major General Abdul Ibrahim and principal officers of the Division at the Maimalari Cantonment, Maiduguri, General Attahiru said ” i am here on one week operational visit to the theater to enhance and boost the moral of our troops in the ongoing counter insurgency in the Northeast “

“The essence of this visit is to enhance, operations, boost the moral and motivate men and officers for better result for the total clampdown

of Boko Haram insurgents”, the COAS added.

General Ibrahim while inspecting some weapon reccovered from Boko Haram fighters said ” you can see some of the weapons we recovered from the insurgents, by the grace of God very soon we will end insurgency in the Northeast”.

It could be recalled that the COAS who was also in sector, Damaturu, the visit was less than 24 hours after their operational visit to the theater Operation Lafiya Dole alongside the Chief of Defense Staff (CDS), General Lucky Irabor and other service chiefs on Saturday.

Continue Reading

Headlines

We Will Address Your Challenges – COAS Tell Troops

Published

on

We will address your challenges – COAS Tell Troops

By Baba Saleh, Damaturu

The Chief of Army Staff Lieutenant General Ibrahim Attahiru has reiterated his commitment to address the challenges faced by the troops in fighting the Boko Haram insurgency in the North East.

The Army Chief made the disclosure Sunday in Damaturu while addressing troops at the headquarters of Sector 2 Operation Lafiya Dole .

According to him the purpose of his visit was to familiarise with the troops, adding that “The essence is to meet the soldiers to get to know us and we get to know them as well.

He said “We hear their challenges at the course of conducting their operations, we try our level best to ensure we solve these problems and ensure morale is at the highest level as we go to confront Boko Haram and the entire insurgency, in the final end to bring the insurgency to an end.

“I bring you a very special greetings from the President Commander in Chief, he is fully briefed and aware of how and well you are doing.

“I personally as your Chief of army staff, I am here to take cognizance and note of the challenges you have and ensure they are addressed, to ensure you have the highest level of morale to be able to do your job and do it proudly as Nigerian soldiers.

“I am very pleased your commanders have told me what you have done collectively as part of “operation tura takai bango” how you have pushed the Boko Haram insurgents we are so proud of you”

“And I believe in the second phase of that operation you will do more. So ensure you go out there and push them so hard and bring this entire insurgency to an end, all your challenges I’ve catalogued I will address all the problems”

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2019 Daily Hint News. Designed by VIS Nigeria