Connect with us

Headlines

Kwankwaso announces new venue for presidential declaration

Published

on

Kankwaso announces new venue for presidential declaration 

By Haruna Yusuf Abuja 28/8/2018

Former Kano State Governor, Rabiu Kwankwaso, has announced a new venue for his formal presidential declaration, after he was denied the use of the Eagle Square in Abuja.

Kwankwaso’s spokesperson, Binta Sipikin, has confirmed that the ceremony will now hold at Chida Hotel in Utako, Abuja.

The Kwankwaso Campaign Organisation, in a statement made available to DAILY HINT reporter  expressed disappointment that Federal Capital Territory Administration(FCTA) suddenly turned down the request earlier approved “for some flimsy reasons”

It said: “In a letter dated August 27th, 2018 and signed by Usman Mukhtar Raji for the Facility Manager and received on August 28th, 2018 barely 24 hours to the scheduled declaration, the Abuja International Conference and Eagle Square, managed by the Integrated Facility Management Services Ltd has reversed itself in respect of approval granted the organizers of the declaration of Senator Kwankwaso.

“We at the Kwankwaso Campaign Organisation sees the development as a handiwork of the government in power who will not see anything good in growing our fledgling democracy as no level playing field has been created to allow for viable opposition in the country.

“Even at that, earlier Tuesday morning the Abuja International Conference and Eagle Square, managed by the Integrated Facility Management Services Ltd refused us access to inspect the premises demanding us to present a police permit, when actual approval for the use of the Eagle Square has been sought and paid for more than one week to the said declaration.

“The above development will in no way dampen our morale to go ahead with the declaration or chicken-out as it will only embolden us to legally pursue our fundamental right to freedom of movement and association.”

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Headlines

Army Releases Another Batch of Boko Haram Wanted List

Published

on

ARMY RELEASES ANOTHER BATCH OF BOKO HARAM WANTED LIST

By Madu Mohammed, Maiduguri

The Nigerian Military has made public another batch of 86 wanted Boko Haram terrorists to the general public in it’s efforts to finally defeat insurgency and also flagged off the operationalization of the members of the Civilian Joint Task Force ( CJTF) in the Super Camp concept of the Nigerian Army.

The 86 wanted Boko.Haram lists includes that of it’s leader Abubakar Shekau on number 100, ISWAP leader Abu Musa Al Barnawi, , modu Sulum, 304, mallam Umar, Mallam Bello Husba, Abu Musab Barnawi, Abu Imma, Ibrahim Abu Maryam, Baka browsing, Kwasari, Mallam Yan Kolo, Bana Gomna, Mohammed Abu Maryam, Abu Dardda among others

While flagging off the operationalization of the CJTF and launching of the fourth batch of the wanted list of the Boko Haram terrorists at the Chabbal Super Camp, Maiduguri on Wednesday, the Chief of Army Staff , (COAS), Lt General Tukur Buratai said ” as we are poised to carry out our final push to flush out Boko Haram, it’s therefore my opportunity to invest the 4th list of the wanted Boko Haram list.”

” We are going to make the list available to all our formations and CJTF locations, they may be at your backyard or your markets, you should fish them out, and arrest them. During the first, second and third wanted list we have succeeded in arresting many insurgents and made them to face the wrath of the law”, General Buratai added.

The COAS further said ” the concert of the Volunteer forces started back in 18 century with the volunteers from various war front to form Delta force,. The CJTF started in 2013 to 2014 here in Maiduguri, where they played a major role in chasing out Boko Haram out of Maiduguri and other towns in the state, since then they have been playing a great role in the counter insurgency war “.

General Buratai said ” the induction of the CJTF into the operation of Super camp will help in identifying, the Boko Haram and their enclaves, we have been stressing that the fight against insurgency is not left for the military alone, hence the collaboration with the government in releasing the CJTF is important in our final push”.

He commended Governor Zulum for approving the release of the CJTF, adding that with the collaboration between the military and CJTF the insurgency will soon come to an end.

Also speaking, Governor Babagana Zulum of Borno state said ” this occasion of streamlining the CJTF into the operations of the Nigerian military in a collaborative efforts and the launching of 4th Batch of the wanted list of Boko Haram is very important in the fight against insurgents and the kind of collaboration we have been calling for”.

While announcing the donation of additional100 motorcycles to be injected into the concert, the governor ” this government will continue to support the CJTF in complimenting the Nigerian military in the fight against Boko Haram”

“Peace is necessary, the nexus between peace and development cannot be over emphasis, this operation would help us in our developmental efforts”,the governor stressed.

Governor Zulum further said ” for those Boko Haram that are still in the bush, I am calling on you to surrender, because you are killing your sister and brothers and destroying infrastructures built with your money. You should have a rethink and give peace a chance”.

He also called on the people of Borno state to support the military in discharging their duties and also played for the repose of the souls of those killed in the fight and their families the fortitude to bear the lost.

Earlier, in his welcome address, the theater commander Operation Lafiya Dole, Major General Farouk Yahaya said* the super camp concept has been conceptualize in the theater but the induction of the CJTF in the Super camp is major step in the fight against Boko Haram.

He commended governor Zulum for supporting the military and the state Attorney General of the state which have being the link between the government and the military for his commitment and support to the operation .

Continue Reading

Headlines

UN Assures Northeast of It’s Support In Resettlement Programs

Published

on

UN ASSURES NORTHEAST OF ITS SUPPORT IN RESETTLEMENT PROGRAMS

By Madu Mohammed Maiduguri

The United Nations Deputy Secretary General, Hajiya Amina Mohammed has assured Borno state government that the UN will continue to support the resettlement and stabilization process in the Northeast.

Speaking shortly after her assessment visit to Banki at the Maiduguri International Airport on Tuesday, Hajiya Amina Mohammed said ” we are in Borno as part of our visit to Nigeria, Mali, Sierra Leone, Ghana and Cameroon to assess the security situation and the needs of the people”

‘” I was in Banki and I am pleased to see life is retiring to normalcy in the areas. I interacted with the Internally Displaced Persons, (IDPS) and thousands of them are willing to go back to their communities’, the Deputy Secretary General stated.

While at a courtesy Call on Governor Babagana Zulum of Borno state at the Government House, Maiduguri, Hajiya Amina Mohammed said COVID 19 pandemic have affected the socio-economy of the world but the UN is doing everything possible to see to the funding of the resettlement process in the Northeast.

” Borno state was greatly affected by the Boko Haram insurgency but there is also opportunities in the state.we look forward for continued partnership and collaboration with the Borno state government”, she added.

She commended the way and manner the Borno state government was handling the post insurgency resettlement process and the humanitarian activities in the state, saying that ” yesterday I was discussing with President Buhari and he told me he was impressed with the way you are handling the post insurgency resettlement process.”

Responding Governor Babgana Zulum of Borno state said ” your presence indicates the UN concern and support to the people of Borno state. I am happy to inform you that there is appreciable peace in Borno and we have returned most of our IDPs back to their communities.”

” I want to also inform you that we have finish discussion and InshaAllah come December 5th 2020, we are going to relocate our people from Minawawo camp in Cameroon republic to Banki”, the governor said.

He urged international donor to support the stabilization process of the government, as the programme has run out of fund and called on all partners to put the Borno state government at the driving seat of the resettlement program .

He also assured that the Borno state government will continue to work in collaboration with all partners in transparent way in the provision of shelter, foods, health and other liviilhood supports.

Continue Reading

Headlines

Troops of operation lafiya dole neutralized scores of Boko Haram insurgents, recovers several arms and ammunitions

Published

on

Troops of Operation Lafiya dole neutralized scores of Boko Haram insurgents, recovers several arms and ammunitions

By Madu Mohammed Maiduguri

The troops of Operation Fire Ball under to the Operation Lafiya Dole of the Nigerian Army have in continuation of it’s ongoing war against insurgency in the Northeast neutralized scores of Boko Haram insurgents and recovered many arms and ammunition’s.

The Army in a statement issued by Brigadier General Bernard Onyeuko, the Acting Director Defence Media Operations on Sunday said *troops of Operation FIRE BALL under Operation LAFIYA DOLE has commenced its robust operations meant to rout out the remnants of Boko Haram/ Islamic State of West Province in the theatre. “

.”Consequently, on 21 October 2020 troops of Special Response Area Gajiram deployed at Check Point 3 under Sector 3 decisively dealt a heavy blow on BHT/ISWAP criminal elements. The eagle-eyed troops who were on alert noticed unusual vehicles tailing the convoy of vehicles conveying Internally Displaced Persons from Maiduguri metropolitan City to Baga town in order to infiltrate own position.”

The statement said ” the troops canalized the criminals and inflicted heavy casualty on them. After the ensuing firefight 3 Boko Haram terrorists were neutralized, One Gun Truck, One Anti Aircraft Gun ,One AK 47 Rifle, 3 Shells for making Improvised Explosive Device were captured. Further exploitation carried out by the resilient troops recovered additional 2 AK 47 Rifles. Troops have dominated the area with aggressive patrols.”

“In a related development, troops of Army Super Camp Magumeri decimated several Boko Haram terrorists who attacked the location. After the fierce encounter 11Boko Haram terrorists were neutralized. Items captured from the terrorists include: One Guntruck, One Dushka gun, 2 Guntrucks and 2 Anti Aircraft Gun destroyed. The gallant troops have continued to carry out mop up operation and dominating the general with aggressive patrols and ambushes, the further added.

.
Similarly, General Onyeuko said “On 24 October 2020 the gallant troops of Army Super Camp located at Mallam Fatori routed elements of Boko Haram/ ISWAP criminal elements who attacked their location. After the the fierce battle 2 Boko Haram terrorist were neutralized others escaped with gunshot wounds as traces of blood of dragged casualties by the criminals were seen during exploitation. The troops captured the following: 3 AK 47 Rifles, One Light Machine Gun, 466 Rounds of 7.62x54mm ammunition, 24 Rounds of 7.62x51mm ammunition and One Tecno cell phone. The troops of Operation LAFIYA DOLE are in high spirit and dominating their Area of Responsibilities with robust fighting patrols.”.

” The troops of Operation Fire Ball under operation LAFIYA DOLE are hereby commended for the resilience, doggedness and commitment exhibited during the above encounters. They are equally encouraged not to rest on their oars but build on the successes recorded.” , the state further stressed.

The Army therefore, assured the entire populace of the North East zone that the High Command of the Armed Forces of Nigeria are determined to finally rout out the remnants of the BHT/ISWAP criminals from their enclaves.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2019 Daily Hint News. Designed by VIS Nigeria