Connect with us

National

Make yourselves available for the EAD exercise, for accurate data generation – Chairman NPC

Published

on

Make youselves available for the EAD exercise, for accurate data generation- chairman NPC

By Madu Mohammed, Maiduguri

The Acting Chairman of the National Population Commission (NPC) , Mrs Biimbola Sauhundeyin has called on the people of Borno state and Country in general to make available themselves and answer questions provide by their Enumeration Area Demarcation official during the phase IX exercise for accurate data generation and planning..

The Acting Chairman made the call during the flagging off of 2019 Enumeration Area Demarcation (EDA), Phase IX in Maiduguri Metropolitan Council (MNC) and Jere local councils held at the Government House, Maiduguri on Tuesday said ” I am here to solicite your support and cooperation’s, when our official visit your house. Please answer their questions and give them truthful answers. We are not tax collector, we want to acurate generate data for government planning.

Barrister Saluhudeyin said ” good governance cannot be achieved without accurate data. This exercise is to generate accurate and factual data for planning to our people Accurate and reliable date is needed by government to better our lives through proper planing for people interns of schools hospital, water sorces among others”.

“ⁿwe also want urge the Borno state government to create more birth and death registration centres in the state, as the existing ones are not enough.”, She added.

While flagging off the Exercise, the Borno state Governor, Prof. Babagana Umara Zulum said ” Maiduguri has the highest number of Internally Displaced Persons, (IDPs) in the Country and due to the peculiarity of the state, we need more hand in the EAD exercise, so that all our people will be captured. During the 2006 census exercise many of our people were not counted. So this time around we don’t want our people to be short changed. We will support you to CaryC out the exercise successfully “,

The Governor who was represented by his Deputy’, Alhaji Umar Kadafur said ” we have gathered our traditional rulers here and we have directed them to cooperate with the EAD officials, the presence of the Shehu of Borno here indicates that the traditional rulers are ready to support the exercise “.

” I assured you of the Borno state government support to ensure the success of the EAD in Maiduguri and Jere, I leant that the exercise was carried out in Biu, Bayo, Kwaya Kusar, Hawul and Shsni local government areas. We assured you of our support,” the Governor added.

Also sparking, the Shehu of Borno, Alhaji Abubakar Ibn Garbai Elkanemi represented by the Shehu of Dikwa, Alhaji Muhamnadu Ibn Masta II assured of the traditional institutions support to ensure the success of the Exercise

Earlier in his welcome address, the Borno anf Yobe state Federal Commissioner of the NPC,, Barrister Isa Buratai said ” we are gathered here today to Carry out one of our mandate which is the flagging off of EAD phase IX to be conducted in MMC and Jere local government areas between the 3rd December 2019 to 25th of February 2020.”

” This exercise is mandatory preparation for census. So far because of the insurgency in the Northern and central parts of the state. We have been able to conduct the exercise in Biu, Bayo,Kwaya Kusar Hawul and Shani local government areas but with the improvement of security situation in the state and his Excellency efforts in reconstructing and rehabilitating the areas affected by the insurgency, the National Population Commission is set to conduct EAD exercise in all the remaining LGAs starting from MMC and Jere”, Buratai added.

While commending the Borno state government for supporting the NPC with the sum of N34 million, he said the fund had enable them to recruit 50 additional demarcators and purchase 20 additional PDS and 20 power banks to be used for the exercise, as well as payment of the allowances of the demarcators. .

In his goodwill message, the Resident Electoral commissioner of the INEC, Borno state, Alhaji Ibrahim Magaji represented by his Director said he believed the EAD exercise will assist the INEC in addressing challenges they confronted in reviewing the demarcation of Registration Areas and polling unit’s.

 

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

National

28 Boko Haram insurgents killed, as military repelled attack on Gujba

Published

on

28 Boko Haram insurgents killed, as military repelled attack on Gujba

By Madu Mohammed, Maiduguri

No fewer than 28 members of Boko Haram terrorists were killed while several others escaped with bullet wounds when the troops of newly launched Operation Tura Takai Bango successfully repelled Boko Haram attack on Gujba town of Yobe state.

The Army in a statement issued by the
Acting Director Defence Media Operations, Brigadier General
BENARD ONYEUKO said “troops of the newly launched Operation TURA TAKAIBANGO a subsidiary Operation of Operation LAFIYA DOLE in the North East continue to obliterate elements of Boko Haram/Islamic State’s West Africa Province (ISWAP) criminals with uncommon ferocity”.

General ONYEUKO said “In the aftermath of the decisive encounter, 28 Boko Haram Terrorists were neutralized while few others are believed to have escaped with gunshot wounds. In the same vein, one Boko Haram Gun Truck was destroyed with its occupants while another Gun Truck was captured from the fleeing criminals. Other equipment captured from the criminals include; 2 Anti Aircraft Guns, 13 AK 47 Rifles, 4 extra magazines and a Vulcanizing Machine.”

” Latest encounter with the marauding Boko Haram criminals occurred on 9 January 2021 at Gujba LGA of Yobe State where the Gallant troops identified and encycled a Boko Haram criminals Ambush site. The troops from HQ Sector 2 who were led by the Commander Sector 2 and later reinforced by troops from 27 TF Bde Buni Gari and Special Forces Training School Buni Yadi tactically outmanoeuvred the criminals and engaged them with superior fire power resulting in high casualty on the terrorists.”, The statement said.

The Army however regrettably, said one gallant soldier paid the supreme price while one other soldier was wounded during the encounter, adding that wounded soldier have been evacuated to a military medical facility and is responding positively to treatment.

“The renewed onslaught against the remnants of Boko Haram/Islamic State’s West Africa Province criminals by the dogged troops of Operation TURA TAKAIBANGO is indicative of the end of all criminal elements within the North East. The troops of Operation TURA TAKAIBANGO are highly commended for their dedication and determination in flushing out remnants of the terrorists from their hideouts. They are also encouraged not to relent but build on the successes recorded.”, the further stated.

The statement therefore, assured the entire populace of the North East
region of the Nigerian Army’s renewed vigour and determination to crush the remnants of Boko Haram/Islamic State’s West Africa Province criminals from their enclaves in this zone.

Continue Reading

National

2 petitioners sued Nigerian Army, General Buratai,7 Division GOC for N100 Million damage over illegal detention

Published

on

2 petitioners sued Nigerian Army, General Buratai,7 Division GOC for N100 million damage over illegal detention,

By Madu Mohammed, Maiduguri

Two pettitoners , Alhaji Ibrahim Shehu Damakosu and Sabo Yahaya have sued the General Officer Commanding 7 Division, Nigerian Army, Major General Abdul Ibrahim, The Chief of Army Staff, Lt General Tukur Buaratai , The Nigerian Army and The Hon. Attorney General and Minister of Justice, Federal Republic of Nigeria have been before the Federal High Court in Maiduguri for unlawful detention and violation of their fundamental Human Right.

In suit No. FHC/MU/CS/1/2021 in the matter of Application by Alhaji Ibrahim Shehu Damakosu and Sabo Yahaya for the enforcement of their fundamental Human Rights pursuant to Section 46(3) of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria as amended.

The petitioners are seeking a declaration that the continued detention of the Applicants at the detention cell of the 7 Division, Nigerian Army, Maimalari Cantonment,Maiduguri from the 24th of November, 2020 till date without being brought before a competent Court and tried by a Competent Court is unconstitutional, unlawful, illegal, null and void.

An order compelling the Respondents to either arraign the Applicants before a competent court of Law to immediately discharge the Applicants from unlawful detention forthwith.

Payment of damages in the sum of One Hundred Million Naira, written Apology and any further orders as the Honourable Court may deem fit to make in the circumstances.

Continue Reading

National

Boko Haram insurgents landmine killed 7 Hunters on patrol in Borno

Published

on

Boko Haram insurgents landmine killed 7 Hunters on patrol in Borno

By Madu Mohammed, Maiduguri

No fewer than 7 hunters were killed, while 16 others were injured when they matched Improvised Explosive Device (IED) suspected to be planted by Boko Haram insurgents during patrol along Sambiza forest in Borno state

Seven of the hunters were said to have died instantly, while 16 others sustained various degrees of injuries and were rushed to the University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital ( UMTH).

.

The Borno State Governor, Babagana Zulum who arrived Maiduguri immediately rushed to the hospital where sympathized with 6 hunters who are still receiving.treatment as a result of injuries sustained as result of Boko Haram landmines attack.

.

The hunters were on patrol after receiving an alert from a near by village that Boko Haram insurgents rustled cattle from the village

While briefing the governor, the Borno state Commissioner of Sports and youths Empowerment, Hon. Sainna Buba said, 11 out of the 16 injured hunters have been discharged after receiving treatment at the University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital.

Governor Zulum arrived Maiduguri from Abuja on Saturday after attending a closed door meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama and Director General of NEMA, Air Vice Marshall Muhammadu Muhammad (Rtd).

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2019 Daily Hint News. Designed by VIS Nigeria